Hello book nerds! I thought today might be a good day for a Q&A. So I figured why not answer 10 questions about myself.
1, Where are you from?
-I was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
2, How long have you been married?
-My husband (Catlin) and I have been together for 9.5 years, married for 7.
3, Do you have any children?
– No. We are perfectly content just having pets
4, How many pets do you have?
– We have 4 rats, 2 girls, 2 boys All named after Hunger Games charecters. Primrose, Peeta, Katniss and Cato
5, What got you into reading?
– I started reading when I was 20 and working night shifts at the hospital. There was nothing to do while the patients slept so I’d read a book (mostly Lisa Jackson)
6, What is your favorite genre to read?
– I prefer to read young adult. I really enjoy contemporary, fantasy, historical fiction and some science fiction.
7, What is the biggest book you’ve ever read?
– This month I have chosen to tackle “IT” by Stephen King, its over 1000 pages and is well out of my comfort zone.
8, What is your favorite food?
– My fav foods are mennonite dishes, one being yilcha kilcha. Its homemade noodles with cottage cheese, saskatoons, raisens (I leave them out), grimmle fat (refried bacon fat) and cream gravy. It literally looks like barf on a plate but it is SO good! Lol
9, What is your favorite book?
– My fav adult book is The Birth House and The Virgins Cure, both by Ami Makay. If you haven’t read these I highly suggest you do, they are historical fiction type novels and they are SO good!. My favorite young adult book is probably To all the boys I loved before by Jenny Han. I can read that book in one sitting over, and over again and not get sick of it.
10, What made you want to start a book blog?
– To be honest I think my blog is mostly books with some lifestyle blogs thrown in there. I loved writing for years, and since my husband doesn’t read I needed someone to talk to so I figured, why not start a blog?
Thank you for taking the time to read my blogs, it means a lot to me. My plan was to do blogtober so keep a eye out for more blog posts from me this month.